Numbers of adults are experiencing low levels of growth hormone, leading to various health conditions. One of the most recommended options to supply the body with growth hormone is undergoing therapy, involving getting a human growth hormone injection every month. But is it safe and effective?
Growth hormone (GH) is one of the essential hormones in the body that is naturally produced at the pituitary gland. The hormone is responsible for the body’s growth and development. The level of GH increases during childhood and peaks during puberty; However, the level of GH progressively drops down by 10 percent per decade starting at the age of 30.
Aside from age-related changes in growth hormone secretion, there are other causes of decreasing production of GH; these include:
- Damage on the pituitary gland due to a pituitary tumor, treatment for surgery, or radiotherapy.
- Genetic abnormalities
Individuals who have low levels of growth hormone due to age-related changes may experience the following symptoms:
- Increased body fat around the waist
- Depression and anxiety
- Decreased sexual interest, function, and performance
- Greater sensitivity to cold and heat
- Less muscle mass and strength
- Reduced bone density
- Changes in blood cholesterol
What is Human Growth Hormone Injection?
Human Growth Hormone injection (hGH) is a synthetic growth hormone that mimics the functions of the naturally produced growth hormone. Patients undergoing hGH therapy via hGH injection will experience the following positive results:
- Increased energy and stamina, especially during a workout.
- Improved bone density.
- Improved muscle mass.
- Decreased body fats, especially the waist.
Although not yet proven and not often recommended by the experts, the hGH injection is also popular for non-medical use, including the following:
- To improve muscle mass, more energy, and increased stamina on bodybuilders and athletes.
- To lose weight.
- To slow down the aging process.
Is Human Growth Hormone Injection safe?
Yes. It is.
However, even if it is relatively safe and effective, hGH injection has few side effects too. These side-effects may vary, depending on the different types of HGH injections, dose, and patient’s reaction to the drug.
The minor side-effects may include the following:
- Swelling and numbness of the injection site.
- Joint and muscle pain.
The hGH therapy is not recommended to the following:
- Patients with tumors.
- Patients with cancer.
- Patient with serious illness.
- Patients with severe breathing issues.
- Patients suffering or suffered from multiple injuries.
- Patients with complications from abdominal or open-heart surgery.
The growth hormone is responsible for the body’s growth and development. However, it can also negatively affect any occurring health conditions, making it worst.
Also, healthy adults opting for hGH injection without a doctor’s recommendation may experience the following side-effects:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Increased insulin resistance.
- Edema or swelling of the arms and legs.
- Gynecomastia or enlargement of the breast in men.
- Joint and muscle pain
For this reason, you need to consult your physician before considering hGH therapy.
How will you know if hGH injection is an ideal therapy for you?
Before considering an hGH injection, you need to consult your doctor and find out if the therapy is good for you. Although the therapy is safe and effective, some people have experienced common to serious side-effects.
Also, if you are opting for hGH injection online, make sure that it is a certified distributor and has doctors that will look into your physical history and current health condition. This will help them analyze if the human growth hormone therapy is an ideal therapy for you.
Even if the hGH injection is safe and effective, the US Food and Drug Administration only approves the medical use of hGH injection.